One of our forum users, sydnurbin, contacted Target Canada to ask about their coupon policy and received a policy rather than the standard we are looking into the Canadian market response:
Thanks for asking us about using coupons at Target. Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores. Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.
To see the Target coupon policy, please visit www.target.com/coupons. Here’s some answers to commonly asked questions:
- We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued and manufacturer-issues.
- We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
- There’s a limit of 4 identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
- We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in this case, we’re able to adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.
- Returns of items purchased using Manufacturer Coupons may receive coupon value returned in the form of a Target GiftCard.
- We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you’re checking out.
- We don’t accept expired coupons.
For questions about using a specific coupon, we encourage you to stop by the Guest Service Desk and ask to speak with the Guest Service Team Leader. They’ll do their best to help while you’re in the store. If you still have questions after speaking with them, please call our Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. Either way, we’re here to help!
We appreciate the opportunity to share this information with you.
So four of each item and no overage, I may still be shopping at Walmart for some things