Today DELL is selling its new 2007 20â€ and 24â€ widescreen monitors for relatively good prices.
Todayâ€™s main deal is the Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20″ Widescreen LCD w/Height Adjustable Stand for $399 (regular price $599) and the second deal is the Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW 24″ Widescreen LCD w/Height Adjustable Stand for $769 (regular price $769).
Although $399 is a wonderful price for a 20â€ widescreen I strongly recommend you keep away from these two widescreen monitors unless youâ€™re using them for some professional task that requires very high resolutions.
The reasons for my discouragement:
1) This 20″ monitor isn’t a true widescreen nor is it a normal screen! it’s just slightly wider than a normal monitor. This can cause Microsoft Windows to look weird or stretched unless you run it at a high resolution (of 1600 x 1200) in which case everything will be too small to read.
2) If you try running this monitor at lower resolutions (which is what most of us prefer) the picture will not look sharp which defys the whole purpose of this monitor.
3) Compared to a 19â€ this monitor is just slightly taller and about 1â€ wider. So yes it is larger but it is not large enough to justify the $100 more youâ€™ll spend on it.
So in a nutshell the price is good but unless youâ€™re willing to run your monitor on high resolution and/or spend some time tweaking it donâ€™t bother with todayâ€™s main deal.
As for the 24″Â monitor, itÂ has a few problems as well. You can find out more about these problems here.
Some of Dellâ€™s other deals today include:
– D-Link DGS-1005D 5-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Switch – $29
– NEC MultiSync LCD3210 31.5″ LCD Display – $1799
– Metallic Blue Graphire4 6×8 Pen Graphics Tablet – $149
– 48W 6-Cell Seconday Battery (D-Series) – $99
Note that shipping is free.
More details on Dell Canadaâ€™s DayÂ 7 of 14 Days of Deals here.