Other / Canada
Now is the time to begin shopping for your summertime furniture needs, specifically at Rona Canada as they have a number of hot deals on everything from air conditioners to outdoor dining sets that will keep your money in the bank and a smile on your face.
Right now, Rona is offering 20% off on all window air conditioners, dining sets, sectionals and bistro sets. Plus, when you spend more than $100 on anything (before taxes) you will get 15% cash back on a Rona gift card that can be used either in-store or online.
One of the better offers that I found while browsing through the weekly flyer at Rona was on this Summerlin 4-piece conversational set, which is now just $699.99, though before it was being sold for $899.99. This sale price will only be available from April 27 till May 3 though.
The 15% cash back offer from Rona will be ending on Sunday, April 30 at 11:59pm EST.
Click here to check out this week’s flyer from Rona Canada.
Until May 2 at McDonald’s Canada, you can open a new account with the My McD app for iOS and Android and receive the chance to grab a coupon that will get you a Big Mac, 6 Chicken McNuggets or a McMuffin for just $1.
This offer is for new users only and you will have until May 2 to grab the coupon. You will have the choice of getting a coupon for a $1 Big Mac, 6 Chicken McNuggets and in select regions of Canada you can grab a coupon for a $1 McMuffin – but remember, you will only have the choice of using this coupon for one of these items, not all of them.
Once you login to your new account, when you navigate over to the ‘my offers’ section you will see the option for the $1 coupon added to your app.
To use the coupon, you will have to select the button ‘use at restaurant’ and then give the cashier the specific code listed in your app.
Click here to find the nearest McDonald’s Canada to you.
It’s summertime at the Hudson’s Bay Canada! Though for the rest of us it may still rainy, spring outside, the Hudson’s Bay is jumping ahead a season by offering a number of hot deals on their summertime beach essentials like men’s and women’s swimwear plus beach towels.
In the women’s swimwear sale, you can buy one and get the second (of equal or lesser value) for 50% off. The discount for these bathing suits will be reflected in your cart, and will show up, that is if you buy two suits that are the same price, as a 25% discount on each. For instance, I was able to grab this printed sports top (reg. $54) and these hipster swim bottoms (reg. $50) for a total of just $78; normally, this would’ve cost $104.
In the men’s swimwear sale, you can save 25% off on men’s swimming trunks and bathing suits. So these men’s Jack & Jones Sunset Sublimation Swim Shorts, which were originally being sold for $45, are now just $33.75.
And what would a day at the beach be without an iconic and brightly coloured beach towel? If you’re needing to replenish your supply from last summer, then you should look no further than the Hudson’s Bay as they are selling their towels for 25% off the original price. Like this Canada Collection Deck Chair Towel, which was previously being sold for $7.99, is now just $5.99.
The Hudson’s Bay Canada offers FREE shipping on orders that are $45+ (or $29+ on beauty purchases) when you pay with your Hudson’s Bay credit card, or $99+ (0r $49+ on beauty purchases) when you pay with any other form of tender.
Click here to begin shopping at the Hudson’s Bay Canada.
Forever 21 Canada usually only offers FREE shipping on orders that are $50 or more, but for a limited time only they have decreased that minimum to being just $21. This offer requires no promo code, but will only be valid until Sunday, April 30 at 11:59pm PST.
The best places to start looking for deals at Forever 21 would be within the outlet section where clothing and accessories are on sale for up to 70% off the original price. So you could grab something like this floral embroidered skirt for just $15 (was $26.90) and then find a cheap top to go with it, like this off the shoulder lace top (only $7.99, was $11.90), and easily meet the $21 minimum for free shipping.
Click here to begin shopping at Forever 21 Canada.
Head over to Sears Canada today to pick up all your spring wear essentials. The changing seasons can be difficult to dress for. Between the intermittent rain showers and the moody temperatures, you always want to be prepared for rain or shine, hot or cold. Which is why this sale from Sears Canada is perfectly suited for the Canadian spring as you can grab rainboots for as little as $29.97 and ultra light weight down jackets for as little as $49.97.
The Chooka rainboots were previously being sold for $70, but right now you can grab them for as little as $49.97. They come in a variety of fun, pastel spring colours, but my favourite from among the mix were these classic mid-calf racer rain boots.
And similar to the deal we posted about the other day where women could pick up ultra light weight down jackets for $49.97, men can now also benefit from this amazing offer from Sears. These ultra light weight jackets are ideal for spring, and even better for those of you who will be traveling as they can be packed away neatly without taking up much space or weight.
Sears offers FREE shipping on all orders that are $99 or more.
Click here to begin shopping at Sears Canada.
Globo Shoes Canada is helping revamp your wardrobe, one pair of shoes at at time, especially since right now they’re offering a sale where you can save 50% off on clearance shoes. Plus, you can save 30% off on all Keds shoes.
In the Keds sale I was able to find this classic pair of Harva shoes on sale for just $44.98, though before they were being sold for $49.99.
But by far the better deals are going to be found in the clearance section of Globo Shoes, where the discount of 50% off is already reflected in the price (so no promo codes!) These men’s Brennon shoes, which are like a pair of mock Sperry’s, are currently on sale for just $34.99 (reg. $69.99).
Globo Shoes offers FREE shipping on all online orders that are $65 or more.
Click here to begin shopping at Globo Shoes.
For one day only, you can head over to Best Buy Canada and save big on luggage sets, specifically if you’re picking up 3-piece sets which are starting at just $199.99. Normally, these sets would cost you anywhere between $400-$449, but for the moment you can save yourself at the very least $200 by grabbing a set today.
For instance, I was able to find this Swiss Gear Tannensee 3-Piece Hard Side 4-Wheeled Expandable Luggage Set on sale for the low price of $199.99, though before the set would’ve cost me $499.99. Also, if you’re not quite sold on needing a full three piece set, you can also grab 2-piece sets starting at $149.99.
Best Buy offers FREE shipping on all orders that are $35 or more.
Click here to begin shopping the luggage sale at Best Buy Canada.
Walmart Canada is offering two fabulous deals within their clearance section on audio accessories that will allow you to play this summer’s top hits on some of the best devices out there. Whether you’re sitting by the pool and require a speaker system, or walking to the beach and need a decent pair of headphones, Walmart has you covered.
The first deal is on the Veho 360° Vecto Wireless Water Resistant Orange Speaker, which were originally being sold for $179.99 but are now just $128.
The second offer from Walmart is on these Sony ZX Series Stereo Over-Ear Headphones. Previously, these headphones would’ve cost you $34.88, but for a limited time at Walmart you can pick them up for just $24.98.
Walmart Canada offers FREE shipping on all orders that are $50 or more.
Click here to begin shopping at Walmart Canada.
A lot of the time you hear people bemoaning getting older, but there are quite a few perks to punching above the ~55 age class. Whether you’re buying air travel, or going out for a movie with friends, there’s usually a way that you can find a way to cut corners using senior discounts (which typically begin around 50-55).
Here’s a round-up of the deals around Canada that you can take advantage of as a senior:
Food and Entertainment:
- Parks Canada Pass: discounted yearly pass to National Parks or historic sites. Ages 65+
- Toronto Symphony Orchestra: 25% off on select shows for CARP members
- 1-800-Flowers.com: 20% off or $20 off purchases of $79.99 or more for AARP members
- AMC Theatres: discounted tickets available for ages 60+
- National Parks: free entrance to national parks with purchase of $10 Senior Pass
- Regal Cinema: discounted senior movie ticket for ages 60+
- Cinemas: (Cineplex Odeon, Landmark) offer senior discounts.
- Arby’s: 10% discount at participating locations for Ages 55+
- Bruno’s Fine Foods: 10% off every Wednesday
- M&M Meats: 5% discount for 60+, 10% off if you spend over $30
- Bulk Barn: 10% senior’s discount every Wednesday
- Taco Bell: free drinks for seniors at participating locations
- Wendy’s: free drink at some locations if your are 55+
- Applebee’s: discount with the free Golden Apple Card
- Dunkin Donuts: free donut with large or extra large drink purchase
- Farm Fresh: 5% off Tuesdays and Thursdays for ages 55+
- Goody’s: Join Club 50 Plus (free), and get 20% off every Tuesday
- IHOP: order from the 55+ menu for discounted fare
- McGavins Bread Basket: 10% off Wednesdays
- Subway: 10% off for ages 60+
- Taco Bell: free drinks for seniors
- McDonald’s: discounted senior coffee at participating locations
- Burger King: seniors discounted coffee
- KFC: free small drink with any meal for ages 55+
- Denny’s Restaurant: seniors discounted section on menu
- White Spot: ask for seniors discounted menu
- Safeway: 10% off on Air Miles, First Tues, Customer Appreciation Day, min $35 with Safeway card
- Giant Tiger: select senior discounts by location
Pharmacies and Drug Stores:
- Shoppers Drug Mart: last Thursday of every month, Optimum card holders get 20 per cent off for customers 65 and older (some locations age 55)
- Lawtons Drugs: one day per month seniors get 20% discount for people 55+
- Rexall PharmaPlus: 20% off on senior’s day
- Pharmasave: offers a 10% off offer for one day
Hotels and Banks:
- Scotiabank: offers seniors a free basic account and other discounts.
- TD: offers a rebate of up to 25% on monthly chequing fees for people 60+
- National Bank: offers a $3.95 account for people 60+
- RBC: offers rebates to people 65+
- CIBC: has a 60 Plus Advantage program
- BMO: offers discounts to people 60+
- Best Western: 55+ receive 10% off or more
- Sandman Hotels: sign up for 55Plus Program for discounts at all locations
- Wyndham Hotels: 10% off ages 50+
- Choice Hotels: 10% discount when you book in advance for 60+
- Marriott: save 15% or more off rates for ages 62+
- DoubleTree: ages 65+ are eligible for senior rate
- Holiday Inn Express: discounts available at participating locations for ages 62+
- Hyatt: save up to 50% at participating hotels
- Days Inn: 60+ enjoy special savings off our Best Available Rate when they stay at participating Days Inn hotels
- Hilton Hotels: paid membership plan for ages 60+, guarantees low rates, and 20% off meals at participating restaurants
- Howard Johnson Hotels: 55+ entitled to a 10% discount
- Travelodge Hotels: 50+ receive a 10% discount off regular room rate. Seniors can also receive in-room coffee, no long distance access charges and free weekday lobby newspapers
Shopping and retail discounts:
- The Bay: 15% savings to people 60+ on first Tuesday of every month
- Salvation Army Thrift Stores: 10% savings every day to everyone 60+
- Banana Republic: 50+ receive discount, varies by location
- Laura Secord: 15% senior’s discount on first Monday of every month
- Michael’s: save 10% on regular and sale-priced purchases everyday
- Carlton Cards: 10% off every day
- Goodwill: 10% discount one day a week for ages 55+
- Value Village: 30% off Tuesdays
- Canadian Tire: 10% off first Wednesday on regular priced items
- Cloverdale Paints: 15% off on any day 25% off paint, 15% off tools and accessories
- Liquor Depot Barn: 5% off Tuesdays
- Lordco: 30% off any day on regular priced items
- Rona’s: 10% anytime
- Hallmark: 10% off one day a week, age date varies by location
Travel and transportation:
- Amtrak: 15% discount on adult rail fare with some exclusions for ages 62+
- Budget: save up to 25% off of the lowest discountable car or truck rental rate, must be a CARP member
- Hertz: discounted rates through the 50 Plus Car Rental Program
- Via Rail: offers 10% off to anyone 60+
- TTC: students and people 65+ both pay the same reduced fare
- Greyhound: offers 20% savings for ages 62+
- British Columbia: all public transportation system offer a discount to seniors 65+
- Calgary Transit: discounted annual pass if you’re 65+
- Winnipeg Transit: senior’s fare for ages 65+
- Ottawa Transit: seniors ride free on Wednesday plus senior’s discount available
- Halifax: seniors ride free on Tuesdays (10 am – 3:30 and after 6 pm)
- St John’s: Metrobus offers a discounted monthly pass to seniors 65+
- BC Residents: 65+ can ride the ferries for 50% off Monday through Thursday, except on holidays
Please comment below if we’ve missed any that you think we should add to the ever growing list!
Free prescription drug coverage is coming to Ontario for everyone under 25 years old. All Ontario children and adults younger than 25 will have their full prescription drug costs covered by a new provincial pharmacare program – regardless of family income. The program will benefit around four million people in Ontario and cost approximately $465 million a year. Ontario will become the first province in Canada to offer pharmacare to all its young population, a move announced today in the 2017 budget. Pharmacare will be implemented January 2018.
Around 4400 drugs will fall under the plan. Anyone under 25 covered under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) will also be covered for prescription drugs simply by showing their health card. “One way we can be a competitive and a compassionate society is to make sure that people who need medications get medication,” said Finance Minister Charles Sousa. The plan will help students and “make life more affordable to Ontario families.”
Do you find it difficult to concentrate for long periods of time without reaching for your phone? Or perhaps you’re constantly clicking to open a new tab on your computer to check Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, or whatever your poison is? All of these distractions that have enabled great leaps for human connectivity – maintaining friendships from the other side of the globe as one prime example – have also made it increasingly difficult to stay focused on one task. Step in Fidget Toys.
You can read the full descriptions of each toy on the site, but know that the overall goal of these unique toys is to help ease an anxious mind or keep you awake during a long conference call. What could be better than that?
We’ve rounded up a list of where you can find these toys, as they are rather hot, and what price each of them are being sold for at the various locations around Canada.
Tim Hortons Canada, Canada’s all-time favourite coffee shop, is introducing two new stellar items to their menu. The first will be great for waking up in the morning, while the second will help coast you through lunchtime.
For the mornings, Tims lovers will have new espresso lattes to enjoy – for the very favourable price of $2.99. The lattes will be handcrafted with steamed milk and 100% Arabica espresso beans. The latte will come in one standard size and so will be consistently sold at the low price of just $2.99; for those of you who don’t regularly drink lattes, these hand crafted drinks will normally run you between $4-$5 at other coffee franchises.
The second addition to Tim Hortons menu is the Turkey Jalapeno Jack Croissant Sandwich. This new sandwich from Tims will include jalapeño Monterey jack cheese, smoked turkey breast, lettuce, tomatoes and honey mustard sauce all sandwiched between a traditional croissant. If this sandwich doesn’t tickle your fancy, you can also try the chicken salad croissant, which has white meat chicken and Tim Hortons creamy chicken salad sauce.
Click here to find the nearest Tim Hortons to you.
Disney Pixar fans of the Cars franchise will have an amazing opportunity this summer to meet a life-size version of the movie’s hero, Lightning McQueen. Disney Canada is launching the Lightning McQueen’s Canadian Road Trip Turbo Charged by Canadian Tire on April 29, where Lightning McQueen will be stopping in cities across the country at local Canadian Tires to take pictures with fans and host arts and crafts. Best part? The event will be entirely FREE. The days will vary by location, but the first stop will be in Vancouver on April 29, while the final stop will be in Halifax on June 17 – which, coincidentally, is the day after Cars 3 is released in theatres.
As you can see, the Road Trip will be making stops in large Canadian cities, like Toronto, Halifax, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver and Winnipeg. The events will all be free and open to the public, so it’ll be a first come first served basis. Your kids will be able to test their motor skills at a remote control racecar track and will also have the option to take part in arts and crafts at the Disney Pit Stop area.
Click here to learn more about the Lightning McQueen Canadian Road Trip.
One of the things that I find the most frustrating about the seasons changing, at least in Canada, is the unpredictability. It makes getting dressed in the morning use up more of my brain power than my pre-coffee body can handle. One of the staples that I find makes getting dressed in the morning less of a migraine is having an ultra lightweight down jacket, such as the one that’s currently on sale at Sears Canada right now.
These Sears brand Ultra Light Weight Down Jackets are currently being sold for just $49.97, but the price tag isn’t the only thing that’s making these jackets so appealing. The attractive cuts, plus the easy pack-up bags that these jackets can be shrunk down to make these coats ideal for looking good while traveling.
Alternatively, if style is more of your priority this spring than functionality, than these lace and floral bomber jackets by Romeo & Juliet may be more up your alley. At only $29.97, these long sleeve floral varsity jackets will keep you on trend by channeling a 90s throwback look with a hint of spring delicacy.
Sears offers FREE shipping on all orders that are $99+ or ship your order (no minimum) free to any Sears department or home store.
Click here to begin shopping at Sears Canada.
Of the five Canadian NHL teams that made it to the first round of playoffs for the Stanley Cup, there are only two that are going ahead for the second round of playoffs: the Edmonton Oilers and the Ottawa Senators. Luckily for fans of the now eliminated teams, Ice Jerseys Canada is offering a promo code where you can save 25% off on all NHL playoff-eliminated team merchandise. To receive this deal, you will have to enter the promo code, ELIM25, at the checkout.
If you are wanting to support one of the Canadian teams moving ahead to the next round of the playoffs, then you may be interested in this Edmonton Oilers 2016 NHL Heritage Classic Premier Replica Jersey (with Patch), which is on sale for 35% off the original price, as it is now just $109.90.
And for you die hard Montreal Canadiens fans, you can pick up outlet merchandise, including jerseys, hoodies, tuques, shirts and more, for up to 30% off the regular price. For instance, this Montreal Canadians Knit Hat is now just $21.90, though normally it was sold for $27.90.
Ice Jerseys offers FREE shipping on all orders that are $85 or more.
Click here to begin shopping at Ice Jerseys Canada.
Page 1 of 2231234...»Last »