Are you ready for Frugal February? It is time to shop only for essentials – no dinners out, no coffees in the morning (you already have one in your hand don’t you?).
If you need help cutting your costs, check out these blogs:
- We have a 20x event at Shoppers Drug Mart tomorrow, bring down your total with coupons and get points back to use for extras (like a Valentine’s gift) or more groceries.
- Remember we are saying goodbye to the penny next week – those pennies add up!
- Are there any mail-in-rebates you can use at promo events to get more points?
- Going to start couponing? Check out our intro to couponing here and our guide to couponese and forum chatter.
- Watch those items as they scan, can you get one free with the scanning code of practice (SCOP)?
- Family not too sure about all of this? Click here for some ideas on how to get them involved.
- Using envelopes/jars of cash to make sure you don’t go over-budget
- How to reduce your grocery budget (and reduce it even more with meal planning)
- Basics on saving money
Did you set a budget for the month or are you just trying to not buy the extras?
We have a forum thread here where you can share how you are doing, cheap recipes, brags etc