Just a reminder that Canada Post are increase the cost of postage on January 14. The cost of a regular P (permanent rate) stamp will increase to $0.63 (and they approved $0.65 for 2014) so if you are running low, buy some before January 14th to save $0.02 per stamp. If your stamps have a P on them instead of a price, you can use them without additional postage.
- For domestic letters weighing between 30 and 50 grams, a $0.05 increase to $1.10
- An increase ranging between $0.04 to $0.10 for all other domestic letter weight categories, with the heavier categories incurring the larger increases
- For letters, cards and postcards up to 30 grams destined for the USA, a $0.05 increase to $1.10
- For letters, cards and postcards up to 30 grams sent to foreign destinations, a $0.05 increase to $1.85
- For domestic registered mail, a $0.25 increase to $8.50
The new rates for lettermail are as follows: