Signing up for the BMO World Elite MasterCard has never been more enticing. Not only are the day-to-day earnings on this card pretty good (2% back for travel on all card purchases), but upon signing up for the first time you will receive:
- the first 3 years for free (afterwards, $150/year), this is a value of $450
- 40,000 bonus welcome points- which converts to $400 in travel credits
- plus, BMO will make a donation to the Grand Cru Wine Festival and research at UHN through your name
The site even has a calculator to show how fast your points will add up to give you some great travel freebies.
For instance, if you spend around $2,000/month on your credit card, you can earn up to 45, 600 BMO Reward points a year, which when included with your free 40,000 bonus points, will give you an $856 travel value. That’s a trip to Barcelona from Toronto, or a trip to Paris from Montreal!
As sweet as this deal sounds, there are of course some restrictions:
- you personally must have an income of $70, 000,
- or, your combined household income must be $120,000
- this offer is for new BMO World Elite MasterCard holders only, meaning if you’ve had it before you cannot receive the 40,000 bonus points
- you must have applied between March 19th, 2014 and March 19th, 2017
There will also be some lounge access rewarded to World Elite MasterCard holders, which will break down as such: you will receive a priority pass with 4 vouchers loaded on to it, and each voucher is good for one person only (not one person and a guest). After your vouchers have been used up, you will pay $27 USDb per use.
Though BMO says they’ll be offering this till 2017, I doubt they will keep it going until then, so I’d hurry in now to redeem if you qualify and think that the rewards program would work for your lifestyle.