Expires March 25
Get a free Tropicana Veggies or Quaker Supreme Oatmeal with the purchase of 3 SmartSpot products.
Sorry I’m very busy right now… will update this post in a few hours
Just when I had lost all hope in Future Shop’s marketing team, they come up with a pretty decent deal on the last days of deals. Today’s deal is the Kingston 1GB Data Traveler USB Flash Drive (DTI-1GBCR) for
– $12.99 is a good price for a 1GB USB flash drive.
– This is a high quality and reliable device. When it comes to storing data this is one of the most important features to look for. You don’t want to store a presentation on the device to find that it has malfunctioned right before you start your presentation!
– 1GB is large enough to store a bunch of mp3s or even a movie file 🙂
– Future Shop now charges shipping. Make sure the shipping isn’t too large to ruin the deal. Shouldn’t be a problem for most provinces.
– It’s not a very fast device. This shouldn’t be a problem for the regular user. Unless your time is ultra-precious (but then you shouldn’t be reading this in the first place ;-)), don’t worry about it.
– Not very easy to attach to your key chain (small slot).
– The white looks ugly.
– Cover may get lost if you don’t handle it with care.
All the cons are really minor and I’m personally buying one of these.
This isn’t the referral event; Just a regular 20x event, For your info the referral events take place at the beginning of each season, so the next one will be at the beginning of summer.
As for the 20x the points event on March 24, here are the details:
ONE DAY ONLY! Saturday, March 24th
GET 20x THE POINTS ON ALMOST EVERYTHING WHEN YOU SPEND $50 OR MORE*
Points are issued according to the net pretax purchase total of eligible products after redemptions and discounts and before taxes using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card(TM). Excludes prescriptions, bonus points, products that contain codeine, non-pointable items, stamps, transit tickets and passes, event tickets, electronic gift cards, prepaid phone cards, Life Experiences packages and Shoppers Home Health Care locations. Offer applies to photofinishing services that are picked up and paid for on Saturday, March 24, 2007. Offer valid Saturday, March 24, 2007 only. See cashier for details.
– Aluratek 250GB External USB Hard Drive
– Garmin StreetPilot C530 Portable GPS Navigator
– Phillips SHN9500 Noise Cancelling Headphones w/ Travel Case
Shipping is free
– Sanyo 5.8GHz Digital Multi-Cordless Telephone w/ CID & Two Handsets
– Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP 24″ Widescreen LCD Monitor
– Targus Toploading Topflight Notebook Case & Optical Wireless Mouse
Shipping is free
Thanks to operabob for taking the time and effort to post this wonderful info on the forum 🙂
OK, so here’s this week’s update from/for the AirMiles Fanatic.
Safeway usually runs each “Buy 5 Get 50 Airmiles” promo on house products for two weeks. Sometimes though items that are also on sale in the first week are not on sale in the second week.
The “wacko” offer on no-namr Mac & Cheese is still good:
Buy 5 @ $0.59 and get 50 AMs
I call it wacko because about twice a year it is possible to actually get more in AMs than the cost of the product. In this case:
$2.95 in product cost gets $6.00 (approx.) equivalency on physical products at AirMiles.
This oddity has occurred on sponges a couple of times in the past.
Familiar elligible products on sale this week 5 for 50 House Brands:
Pie Filling-Reg. 3.99 Sale. 3.59
Tortilla Chips 900 gram- Reg. 3.99 Sale 3.39
Herbal Shampoo 355ml-Reg. 2.89 Sale $2.50
For those unfamiliar with the Buy 5 Get 50 you can mix & match. Any combination of 5 elligible products gets 50 AMs.
Best Name Brand Offer of the Week:
Kellogg’s 2 Scoops of Raisins/Mini-Wheats Cereals 475gram box
Safeway claims to sell these regularly @ $5.99 each. This week only (until Saturday) they are $2.50 with a Club Card. Buy 10 get 60 AMs (approx. $7.20).
So 10 boxes = $25 + $7.20 bonus AMs.
How does this stack up against larger sizes & house brands at the moment?
Safeway’s price on Jumbo box (1,475 gram) 2 Scoops Kellogg’s is $10.99 with no AirMiles.
Three 475g boxes = 1,425 g (50g less = approx. same) = $7.50 = 31% less and you get AMs.
So buying the small boxes in bulk is better this time.
Compared to the House Brand:
1 Kg House Brand Reg. 5.22 On Sale $4.72 and part of the Buy 5 Get 50 this week.
1 KG equivalent on the Kelloggs 475g offer is about $5.22 but you do get more AMs for less volume.
In this case, if you’re like me and willing to buy bulk and store I’d opt for the Kellogg’s offer.
Also take into account that Safeway’s prices are often higher but in combination with this deeply reduced price and accompanying AirMiles I think it’s a good’un!
Smart Canucks is Canada's first Canadian shopping deals blog and has been operating since 2005!