Freebies, they seem harmless (& beneficial) enough. That is ’til one day, you find yourself dustin’ off the various envelopes of expensive eye creams and mini-containers of shampoos, looking at the expiry dates, and tossing them directly into the garbage bin!
I haven’t reached that point of throwing my free samples out just yet, nor do I want to. However, my freebies are beginning to pile up…and I only have one face to try all this stuff on.
So here are some ways to use up your freebies, before they have to get tossed:
1. Don’t sign up for freebies if you can’t use ’em. This sounds obvious, but I have signed for both Poise/Depends and K-Cups despite neither having bladder leakage nor a Keurig coffeemaker.
2. Share the wealth. With the dozen free K-Cups that I received, I “donated” them at a school where I was doing some volunteer work as they had a Keurig machine in their staff room. Since I don’t use my dishwasher, I gave my sister my Finish detergent.
3. Store freebies in a visible area, including a see-through bag/container. Much like leftovers, if you can’t see your freebies, you won’t use ’em!
4. Bring your free samples on vacay! Sample bottles of shampoo/conditioner are GREAT ’cause they don’t take up a lot of luggage space. Testing out sample potions ‘n lotions is also great when you have some downtime.
Furthermore, if you are going to a destination such as Cuba, consider bringing extra samples to leave for the maid!
5. Stash some freebies in your purse. Have samples like packets of dental floss or a hand cream that you got for free? Go through your samples to determine what you can take with you when you’re on the go!
6. Don’t forget those freebies on that special occasion! If you’re going out and have a bit of prep time, go through those samples to use up items like foundation, primers, moisturizers, etc. <– Not recommended for those who have sensitive skin!
These are the tips that I've come up with thus far for my growing collection of beauty-related samples. How do you keep on top of your freebies and ensure that they get used up??