Thanks Cloudie for suggesting this deal.
RBC is having a promotion similar to TD Bank’s iPod promo last year, except that the freebie is a laptop, not an iPod.
Open an RBC Signature No Limit Banking account and get a free Asus Eee PC 2G Surf Laptop from RBC.
Open a new RBC Signature No Limit BankingÂ account or RBC VIP Banking account between May 1 and September 12, 2008 and complete the following steps by October 31, 2008.
- Use CustomSwitch to transfer your account balance and any pre-authorized payments from another Canadian financial institution.
- Transfer or set up at least two pre-authorized payments from your new account.
- Transfer your automated payroll direct deposit or monthly pension direct deposit to your new account. If you don’t have an automated payroll deposit, they can discuss other options.
- Select paperless statement option on your new account.
- Pay at least one bill through RBC Royal Bank Online Banking from your new account.
Once you qualify
RBC will contact you via mail at the address in their files when you have met all of the required criteria. A confirmation number will be provided for you to confirm your shipping address and language of choice.
You must keep your account open until at least December 2008
Evaluation of this Promo
For a signature account there is a monthly charge of $13.95.
Let’s say you sign up immediately in May. You must keep your account open until at least December 2008. That’s 8 months.Â i.e. $13.95 x 8 months = $112
The Asus Eee PC currently costs $299. You’ll end up paying $112 for it instead which is an awesome deal. Of course the whole process is a pain and a waste of time and if you value your time you may decide against it.