Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM) are having a Secret Thursday Event on June 1st, 2006 where you receive 20x the points when you spend $50 or more
Tell a friend and when they spend $50 or more you receive 1000 bonus points and so on (up to a maximum of 100,000 points).
You can sign-up for Shoppers Secret EvenÂ here
Register today for this exciting one day event where joyful rewards await:
– Spend $50 or more* and receive 20x the Shoppers Optimum Pointsâ„¢
Spread the joy and collect up to 100,000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points!
– Get your friends to register and earn 1000 Bonus Points for each friend that shops and spends $50 or more on the day of the event.
– Receive an extra 1000 Bonus Points for each friend they refer (and so on) who registers and spends $50 or more on the day of the event.
– After the June 1st 20x event, we will email you an exclusive redemption event certificate so you can redeem 40,000 points for $100 off your purchase on June 10th or 11th . That’s worth an extra $25 in free products.
What do people usually buy on a SDM 20x events?
iPod is the hottest product to buy on a 20X event. Here is how it works:
Regularly, you collect 10 Shoppers Optimum Points for every $1 you spend at Shoppers Drug Mart. On a 20x day you get 20 times the points i.e. 20Ã—10 = 200 Shoppers Optimum Points for every $1 you spend
So for iPods youâ€™ll approximately get (iPod prices slightly changed but Iâ€™m too lazy to recalculate them):
– iPod Video 30GB costs $379 so you get 379 x 200 = 75800 points
– iPods Nano 4GB costs $299 so you get 299 x 200 = 59800 points
– iPods Nano 2GB costs $249 so you get 249 x 200 = 49800 points
You can redeem these points for huge savings. Here is how much you can redeem your points for:
So buying an iPod video on a 20x day would get you a discount of $150.
For the iPod Nano 4GB you get a discount of approximately $110.
For the iPod Nano 2GB you get a discount of approximately $80.
Youâ€™ll find it almost impossible to get a better deal on iPods if you want to buy it from a well known retailer.
If i was to buy an iPod would i be able to redeem the points i got on that purchase or would i have to wait and spend them on later purchases?
Either way is a great deal!
Thanks so much for pointing this out, was just about to buy an iPod!
Hello Joel 🙂
Unfortunately, youâ€™ll have to spend them on later purchases.
Checkout the TD Bank deal. I know it is long and boring to read but I think you might find it even better
thanks, as for the TD Bank, i’d have to wait about 4 years until til i qualify 😉
[…] More details in my previous post here. Published by Boo Radley June 1st, 2006 in Canadian Deals […]