The McDonald’s near my house closed at the end of March. Whether it’s a sign of the economic times or just a final response to the endless complaints about rude service and filthy conditions isn’t for me to say. All I know is that this location has weaved a thread throughout my life;
- When I was a little guy my daycare was two doors down. I’d attended more than a few of my friends birthday parties there at that age.
- The only memory I have of my paternal grandparents is of them taking me there in a stroller when I was 3.
- When I was about 10, my friends and I would take a long lunch from the 6th grade to ride our bikes there and order McPizza.
- When my first daughter was old enough, we took her there for her first McDonald’s after an amazing trip to the flea market.
- Over the past few years it became my walk-to-the-grocery-store-pit-stop for a $1.39 McMuffin.
- My wife even worked there for a brief period last summer.
Yep – that building and I sure have a history.
…and now it’s gone.